Flu vaccination is important for workers
Vaccination is the most effective way to reduce your risk of getting the flu.
GETTING YOUR FLU VACCINATION HELPS YOU AND OTHERS:
- Save sick leave – healthy adult workers who have been vaccinated against flu have half the number of doctor’s visits and sick days due to upper respiratory illness compared to those who are unvaccinated.
- Help protect yourself against fevers, muscle aches and extreme tiredness – some of the most common symptoms of the flu.
- Getting vaccinated reduces your risk of getting the flu and spreading it to others
- You cannot get flu from the vaccine, because it does not contain any live virus
VACCINATION HELPS TO PROTECT THE COMMUNITY AGAINST FLU.
- The more Australians who get vaccinated, the fewer people there are to pass flu on to others.
VACCINATION IS YOUR BEST DEFENCE