Can you afford to be sick for a week or more?
FLU IS HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS
- You can pass flu on before you know you’ve got it.
- One sneeze can spread the flu up to a metre.
Flu's Impact on You
- Having the flu can be much worse than having a cold. The most common effects of the flu are body aches, headaches, fever, chills and fatigue.
- Some people are forced to rest in bed and you could be sick for a week or more.
- Whilst fever may last only three to five days, cough and general malaise may last up to two weeks.
- Flu's effect on a family or workplace can stretch out as one person after another gets sick
- Your performance at work may suffer to the same degree as if you had consumed alcohol
1. Mills & Yapp, CSIRO Australia; 1996
2. Newall, A. Economic Report into the Cost of Influenza to the Australian Health System. Vaccine, 2007.